Saturday, March 21, 2015

Perspective WAMUNC 2015

When it comes down to it, the difference between a liberation movement and a terrorist organization is just perspective. What is perspective? Is it how you see things? Is it how you feel about things? Is it a compilation of every sense, thought you've ever had? Yes. Or maybe no. Idk bro. I mean why does it have to mean one thing? Does everyone have an individual perspective on perspective? Is there a cultural value of perspective? Does society determine our perspective? Do we determine our own perspective? I'm not really sure (is what you are thinking about my perspective on this opinion on perspective). From my perspective the book is black, from yours it is red. There is always another side of the argument. Two sides of a coin. I am sure of the definition of perspective. The real question is, from my perspective this is a well written blog post. Would a cubist agree? #solveterrorism #WAMUNClegal2015

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WAMUNC thus far has reminded me a lot of a more structured Humanities class, in that we all get to express our opinions equally. In fact, one of our moderators said "okay, Sweden, then Slovakia, then Poland," and that made me think of our miniature speakers' lists that we form in Humanities. Thank you all so much for the practice and indirectly the ability to represent StM well out of state.

Unknown said...

Alex's point reminds me of this quote from one of the songs, Wonderful, in the musical Wicked. The song goes, "Elphaba, Where I Come From, We Believe All Sorts Of Things That Aren't True. We Call It History. A Man's Called A Traitor Or Liberator. A Rich Man's A Thief Or Philanthropist. Is One A Crusader or ruthless invader? It's all in which label is able to persist."