As I sit in the Charlotte airport while my plane is delayed, I decide, "heckadoodle foo, I'll make a blog post." So now, I'll do a tad of musing on the scenes I'm witnessing on the airport. *PSA this doesn't really relate to Oedipus or greeks but instead life in general - but if I can find a contrived way to reconnect it to these things I'll do it but as of now I'm just kinda writing so here goes:
1) I find airport lobbies INCREDIBLY odd and I suppose this is true for most of society today, but wow - I have never seen so many white earbuds. Every single person here is plugged into their music and disconnecting from society. It's funny because as a group of people heading to New Orleans, one would think we'd be able to make small talk and such for an hour or two, but no. Instead I am confronted by a sea of wired in robots listening to music.
2) People really like their Starbucks. Like quite literally 75% of the people waiting here all have Starbucks cups which seems odd since it's fairly late at night but oh well, I suppose pumpkin spice lattes are only here for a little while so enjoy them while you can.
3) I really wish people traveled on planes the way they used to. This may seem idyllic, but I think the flight would be a much friendlier atmosphere if everyone wore nicer clothes to travel in. Like are they really THAT much more uncozy? I mean I know leggings and sweatpants are quite comfy but I don't know, I think a nice sophisticated airport would be chill. I'm still kinda dressed nicely from my interview and it's actually not bad at all. Plus when you dress nice, you feel nice.
4) Just remembering something from not-Louisiana: Did y'all know it's fall up north? Like I thought it was still summer and when I got to Cleveland I was wearing a very fall fashion outfit and thought I'd stick out a little, but to my delight fall was in full swing there and it actually was already slightly chilly up there.
5) I'm still thinking about trying to tie this into the greek thingy, maybe the chaos surrounding the rush of the airport contrasting to the order of the airport as a whole unit?
6) Did y'all know Chattanooga has an airport?
7) You know what bothers me? Apparently in Cleveland, instead of saying y'all they say yous... I don't think I'm okay with that
8) Like seriously? They have the AUDACITY to make fun of us for saying y'all and sounding "uneducated and improper" but they say yous....are they for real?
9) Oooh oooh oooh isn't Hermes the greek god of travel? I can do something relating to Hermes - that's Greek! research, research, research: okay so apparently there is a debate that King Cyllene was actually Hermes in Oedipus Rex so that's kinda cool
10) well I'm still sitting here and I'm all out of musings for a bit - Long live American Airlines