Saturday, November 16, 2019

Lucifers three heads

So as we know, Dante’s Lucifer is a three headed beast who chews on Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. Although at the time, Dante probably considered these to be the three greatest betrayers of a benefactor, I think throughout time, the two latter could have possibly been beat. My theory is that they are replaced in groups of two, when two new great betrayers enter Hell, Cassius and Brutus become the second two heads of Lucifer, and they begin chewing the new sinners. This is a never ending cycle and once they have fulfilled their duty as a head on lucifers body, they are then allowed to join the other betrayers of a benefactor in the normal punishment of being frozen in ice. This is just my theory on what could possibly happen if a sinner greater than Cassius or Brutus came along. Any other theories??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually think this is a great theory. However, I think allowing them to be frozen in Cocytus is being too nice. If we rewrote this I would keep your head theory but then maybe add another punishment after they “fulfill their duties as heads of Satan”. I’d also like to add I find it HIGHLY offensive that Dante made the white people head red because I’m Native American and y’all don’t look red, heck I don’t even look red.