Wednesday, April 1, 2020

perfect book for this class to read


So, for creative writing we are supposed to read a book from the list of the best books published in 2019. I chose to read "Solitary" by Albert Woodfox. I just started reading it and I have been enjoying it so far. I chose to read the book because of the description I read before purchasing it. "Solitary" is about a man who served 40 years in solitary confinement in the Angola prison in Louisiana for a crime he didn't commit. So, because we were already learning about criminal justice and prison and I LIVE IN LOUISIANA I thought this book would be perfect for me to read. Now that we have a lot of time I would suggest y'all read this too! 
(also this is a message for Ms. King but .... if you continue to do this podcast/criminal justice project with you AP class this book would be a good one for the whole class to read!) 


No comments: