Saturday, March 3, 2018

My dear Virginia

So down below is a link to one of T.S. Eliot's letters to Virginia Woolf. I know y'all talked about their interactions or something like that in class but I was gone all week so I'm not quite sure how in depth y'all went and if y'all read this already, then cool, fine, I wasn't there so this is my take on it. Anyway, I thought this letter was funny because Eliot literally wrote "I have done absolutely nothing for six weeks" and basically told Virginia it'd be unwise for him to leave London to go visit her because he was already having trouble staying productive as it was. I don't know, I find the thought of major poets falling victim to procrastination very hilarious.
https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2011/09/20/document-t-s-eliot-to-virginia-woolf/

No comments: