Friday, October 27, 2017

The Real Labyrinth

After doing some research, I uncovered that the labyrinth has a less elaborate structure than I initially thought. I used to believe that the labyrinth was this long, humongous, elaborate maze-like structure that spanned a large plot of land. Depictions of the labyrinth actually prove the labyrinth to be more or less a fairly simple maze.
             I first envisioned the maze to be like this structure:
Related image

A large seemingly never ending maze, but after searching fro ancient depictions of the maze I found the maze portrayed as this:

Image result for the labyrinth greek mythology


The labyrinth is actually a simple circle like structure. Though the structure itself is not elaborate in terms of modern view; the labyrinth is, nonetheless, an elaborate structure for the time it was created in.


No comments: