Friday, October 13, 2017

Greek Architecture, with modern touch

Greek architecture has set the foundation for modern architecture. When I passed by the Orleans parish court house on Tulane ave, I noticed what kind of influence greek architecture has. If you see here, the greek style has had a make over. When I say greek style I'm really describing architecture that resembles a great temple (i.e. the parthenon). The modern greek style is similar to the original greek style, but with a few modifications. A modern greek style maintains an overpowering and beautiful front of the building with columns. Seen here, in the Orleans parish court house, you can see the style I am speaking of. The front of the building resembles that of the parthenon: large columns and something similar to a freeze (the quotation on the top).  The court house maintains a blend of greek architecture and modern architecture. To me, the modern greek architecture is just a building with modern touches, but has a front that is similar to that of the parthenon.
Image result for Tulane ave courthouse

No comments: