Saturday, September 9, 2017

100YOS a Kids Tale

Marques is renowned for his supernatural, novelty type of writting. I find that his unique style is rememnicent of a kids tale or a "bed time" story, the supernatural aspect specifically. The randomness and the eccentri air of the story reminds me of this bed time story that my dad told me when I was younger. It was the story of a talking frog Pepe and his talking animal friends; 100 years of solitude is in no way a story about talking animals, but I feel that the two stories are equally randomness. The events just happen one after another and feel sort of made up. I personally like this made up type of work, I find it makes it more amusing and enjoyable

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that this observation is really interesting and important. Because while One Hundred Years of Solitude is definitely a book that contains mature subject matter, the supernatural aspects within are certainly reminiscent of a children's book. In my opinion, this is a way in which Marquez further explores human nature and behavior.