Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hamlet Scene from Freaky Friday

Ever since we started reading Hamlet, I've kept the scene from the movie Freaky Friday in mind where Lindsay Lohan talks about Hamlet.

Here's a link to the scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKCx1--SN4

I know it's a silly scene but I've kept in in mind what she had to say in the movie in my head while reading the book. The whole question of Hamlet's madness has definitely come up and whether Hamlet is just putting an act on to seem mad or if he truly has gone mad to a certain extent. However, as a response to Lindsay's comment "Is Hamlet seeing his father's ghost or is he simply mad?,"  I would say that Hamlet isn't seeing his father's ghost potentially because he is mad, rather, I think that if Hamlet is actually mad it is in response to seeing his father's ghost.

No comments: