Wednesday, April 28, 2021

To the Class

 Hey y'all, 

I saw Erica's and Catherine's lovely posts, and I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. English has truly been one of my favorite classes this year, mainly because of the laughs we've had together. So I wanted to thank each one of y'all for making this year a truly memorable one. 

Renee - thank you for always expressing your opinions. I love hearing you go off about things that you're passionate about, especially when I share those passions (ahem: dress code!). You are so confident and fearless, and you will accomplish great things at Alabama! Roll Tide :)

Izzy - thank you for being calm in my moments of panic. I'll always remember our last-minute study sessions for underwhelmingly easy econ tests. You are so hardworking and driven, and I know that you will thrive at Georgetown. Come visit me in New Jersey!

Abbie - thank you for always adding humour to our class. I'll never forget your anecdotes about - well, everything under the sun. You are so creative and bright, and I know that you will do amazing things at Wheaton. Promise to keep in touch! 

Hunter - thank you for engaging in verbal jousts (that usually end with me screaming at a very high pitch) with me. You are extremely witty and charismatic, and I'll never forget the epic Protein Modeling test we absolutely aced. The people who graded Science Olympiad didn't know what hit 'em ;) I know that you'll be extremely successful at Georgia Tech. Good luck! 

Laura - thank you for always making me chuckle. I live for your quiet quips, and your creative pieces are so engaging and thought-provoking. I know that you will excel at Sewanee, and I hope we'll keep in touch. Autograph a book for me when you're famous! :)

Sofia - thank you for being so serene and supportive. You are beautiful on the inside and out, and your kindness speaks volumes. You will be so successful at the University of Georgia. I'll miss you! 

Ryn - thank you for being so steady. After every stats test that I thought I failed, you would always tell me, "It's gonna be fine," and it always was. Your calm confidence grounds me, and your intelligence is incredible. You are not just smart but wise. You truly see the larger scheme of things, and you are very good at reading people and gauging their emotions. I'm so glad to be your friend, and I wish you the very best at Amherst! Promise you'll visit! :)

Rikki - thank you for being so supportive. I love seeing your comments on my cheesy instagram posts, and I know that you'll always have my back. You are smart and sensitive, and I know that you will do great things at the University of California at San Diego. I'll miss you! 

Erica - thank you for being so fashionable! Seriously, when I could see your outfits during hybrid school, it always brightened my day. You are extremely intelligent and hard-working, and I know that you will accomplish anything you set your mind to. I'm so glad that we've become friends, and I wish you the best of luck at Loyola!

Adriana - thank you for being lovely. You are always so complimentary, tactful, and helpful. Besides that, you're drop-dead gorgeous, and extremely smart and kind. I know that you'll be extremely successful at Tulane, and I wish you the very best in your endeavors! 

Leven - thank you for being there. I know that I've sometimes acted like I don't appreciate your visits to our class, but truly, you are hilarious and the backbone of our entire class. I love the fact that you always have funny things to say and engage everyone in fun, interesting conversation. You are so confident and kind, and I know that you will do great things at Rhodes. I'll miss you!

Cami - thank you for being you! I'm so grateful for all of the rides everywhere and the titillating conversations we have about a certain person ;) Seriously, though, you are genuinely kind, supportive, brilliant, beautiful, and the best friend I could've ever asked for. I know that you'll always have my back, and please know that I'll always have yours. You will set the world on fire at Samford, and you have to visit me and scope out the hot Princeton men. I'm so blessed to have you as my best friend :)

Ms. King - thank you for putting up with us! You are so patient and supportive and funny, and I am so grateful that you tolerate our shenanigans. You have made me a more compassionate, thoughtful person and a much better writer. Thank you so much for everything you've done for me this year (especially your donations to my bake sales!). I promise I'll keep in touch, and I wish you the very best! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Catherine,
I'm so sorry I accidentally hit post before I was ready...Anyway,
Catherine - thank you for being unwaveringly kind. You are extremely sweet and always authentic, and I am so grateful to be your friend. You have supported me so much with Cloaks and Dresses and college, and you are gorgeous on the inside and out. You are so charming and driven, and I know that your passion for life will make everyone just delighted to meet you. I know that you will accomplish amazing things at NYU, and I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to hear about your stellar future. :)

Unknown said...

Hey Clara! Thank you so much :) I’m really going to miss you next year. We’ve grown up together! Thank you for always being so helpful, with school and everything. I probably wouldn’t have understood half of the stuff I’ve learned in high school without your extra help. Thank you so so much! Princeton is lucky to have you!! <333

Unknown said...

Hey Clara! Thank you so much :) I’m really going to miss you next year. We’ve grown up together! Thank you for always being so helpful, with school and everything. I probably wouldn’t have understood half of the stuff I’ve learned in high school without your extra help. Thank you so so much! Princeton is lucky to have you!! <333