Monday, April 26, 2021

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿

 Teen Wolf. I don’t know if I mentioned it before but I am saying it again! This show is so good that I can’t even explain. I have had so many people give up on this show or refuse to watch it because of the plot (teenage boy deals with the challenge of becoming a werewolf)  or the genre (thriller, drama, fantasy)  but I swear that every time they get passed the first season they are hooked and by the fifth season they are literally trying to binge the entire tithing in a night only to be depressed when it is all over. The writer really outdoes himself with the plot and using certain literary elements that provide the series more layers than most teen dramas. Every time I watch it, it feels like I am finding something new that he slyly dropped into the script that I didn't catch before. It is also cool how all the supernatural stuff in the show is directly taken from folklore of certain groups making it feel more real than most fantasy shows if that makes sense?

No comments: