Tuesday, April 27, 2021

i love you guys

jus like erica, i saw what the seniors did last year to say goodbye and i just wanted to reflect on all of you and the times we’ve had. i truly am going to miss all of you so much and i just wanted you guys to know how much i love you.

 abbie - dear abbie, you are, without a doubt, one of the kindest people i have ever met. i remember one day in ethics you told me i deserved the world and i have never ever forgotten that. you have such a subtle confidence and i think i will always admire you for it. you have always made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable room and i hope i have been able to do the same for you. you have such, such a kind soul and i am so excited to see what you do in this world. 

adriana - dear adriana, you are so, so strong. the first day i met all of you guys (the summer before junior year), i remember i went home and told my mom that i really loved this girl adriana. that hasn’t changed. i have always admired you for your beauty and your kindness and your work ethic. i see you as one of the strongest people i’ve gotten to know and please know... i’m always going to be here for you even miles and miles apart. 


camila - dear cami, ahhh. hi. i love you. i love you. i love you. you mean so much to me ! there has never been one time that you haven’t shown up for me or listened to me talk about nothing for hours and hours. pls know that has never gone unnoticed. you have one of the most beautiful souls i’ve ever known and you choose to be kind even when someone doesn’t execute the same kindness back. you’re a little clumsy, but i love you for it. i’m going to miss our crime documentaries with that popcorn so much. i just want you to know that i love you and you’re always going to be such an important person to me. i cannot wait to visit you in college one day as i know i will be having withdrawals :)


clara - dear clara, you have always been so kind to me and i appreciate that so much. from my first day at st martins, you have made me feel so welcomed and i cannot thank you enough for that. i admire your confidence so much and how you accomplish everything you set out to do. like cloaks and dresses! you created such a successful club all by yourself and i think i will continue to be amazed by you in everything you do. i hope you have the most amazing time at princeton. i could not be more proud.


hunter - dear hunter, hiiii. despite you being rude to me 97% of the time we spend together, i rlly do love you. more than most. we do a lot together and although you always make a big deal about it, you still always show up and i think that proves you love me too. i know you will deny this but i see right through you. i am always so relieved when i see your face as i walk into a classroom or a party. i think it says a lot about the love i have for you. you never fail to make me laugh and you never, ever fail to make me feel better. because of that, i am so grateful you have come into my life. i cannot wait for you to come visit me for brunch in manhattan. i promise it’ll be the best time.


izzy - dear izzy, girl, you are seriously like taylor swift in my eyes and that is the highest compliment i can possibly give another person. you are so kind, yet so intelligent and i think you might be one of the most thoughtful people i’ve ever known. i remember i was at my boyfriend’s house the night you sent me the nicest text about NYU and i swear i didn’t shut up to him about you for at least 10 minutes. i just think you’re a really special person and i know you are going to do such amazing things in this world. andddd. you deserve the world. truly. i would love to keep in touch in college and hear all about how great georgetown is. i hope you have the most amazing time and the most amazing experience. no one deserves that more than you.


laura - dear laura, i don’t think, for my entire life, i will ever have a bad thing to say about you. i genuinely don’t think you have a singular flaw and i think most everyone would agree with me. you’re so beautiful, inside and out, and i hope you know that. you are the sole reason i survived advisory first semester and for that, i am forever grateful. you make me laugh so hard and i’m going to miss that so much next year. have the absolute best time at sewanee and pls tell me all, all about it.


renee - dear renee, i have always really admired how dedicated to school you are and the hard worker you have become. you always brought up the best points in english, things i wouldn’t even think of. i know you are going to continue to thrive in college and throughout your life and i cannot wait to see that!


rikki - dear rikki, i truly love you so much. you have always, always been there for me and i cannot tell you how much that has meant to me. i remember like pouring my heart out to you at ellie’s birthday party and you were so kind to listen to everything i had to say. beyond that, you ranted WITH me and that’s when i knew...you’re an amazing friend. i feel so lucky to have you in my life. pls know i will always be here for you and in college...like pls send me voice memos. i seriously wanna know everything that’s going on. i love you. you’re an insanely beautiful person.


ryn - dear ryn, i cannot wait to see where you go in life! especially junior year, i always had the most amazing time with you and i am so happy we became friends last year. i’m like insanely jealous of your confidence and that has to be my favorite thing about you. plssss keep in touch during college! so proud of you always.


sofia - dear sofia, ahhh. girl, i love you so much. like so much. i have had some of the best nights with you and that is because you were there. you’re so much funnier than people give you credit for and you have always made me feel so comfortable. on top of that, you’re like so so pretty and so so cool and i jus love to be around you. i hope you see the beauty everyone else sees in you. there’s no one else i'd rather cry on a balcony eat pizza with at a party. i love you i love you i love you. have the most amazing time at uga sof, i could not be more proud of you. plssssss keep me updated when you’re there omg. i have to come visit. 


erica - dear erica, you make me laugh more than anyone ! in my eyes, you’re like a dream pinterest girl and that’s all i’ve ever wanted to be. as we have gone through some similar things, i know how strong you must be and seeing you flourish both in and out of school makes me so insanely happy. i cannot wait to see things get better and better for you and i hope only good things ever come your way. that’s seriously all i could ever want for you. i know how much you deserve that. i love you beautiful. 


leven - dear leven, ahhhh leven ! i love you ! let’s see. between having french, english, and advisory together last year, i think the universe was telling us we needed to be friends and thank god that worked out. no one has ever made me smile more than you in class. french with you was my absolute favorite. i just love being around you. especially this year, you have stuck up for me so much and made me feel so loved and i could not have asked for a better friend. you have the most beautiful heart and the most caring soul. i am without a doubt coming to visit you in college whether you like it or not. please, for me, never ever change. love, ronnie


mrs. king - dear mrs. king, you are truly one of the most amazing teachers (and people) to ever come into my life. you have turned me into what my mom likes to say a “pink, sparkly feminist” and i will forever be grateful to you for that. thank you so much for enforcing women writers and women empowerment. i just admire you so much. especially this year, i always saw your classroom as a safe place for me to turn to and that is all because of you. the support you gave me never went a day unnoticed. thank you for continuing to check in on me...it is the kindest thing in the world. if you’re ever in nyc, i would absolutely love to see you. thank you so much for everything. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Catherine! Omg I love you so much. You don’t understand how much this means to me. I’m so so happy we got to grow closer this past year. You are the kindest person I know. Cant wait to see you thrive at NYU, but yes, please come visit me down south at UGA next year. Much love <3333

Unknown said...

hey! i love love love u too.this is so sweet and i am going to miss you so much in college. we have to visit each other, and maybe go on last minute beach trips! whenever i hear taylor swift i will immeadiately think of u lol. But overall, I hope u love NYU, u will fit right in. LOVE UUUU