Wednesday, April 28, 2021

So this is it. That's how it ends.

Hi AP English class, 

This feels weird to say, but we're actually leaving. I'm also hoping on the bandwagon but this was a bit hard. I haven't seen many of you in so long. I'm happy to see all of you on Friday, including you Ms King as I will be visiting my teachers before breakfast, but it almost feels lacklustre. I know you guys are having a hallway party at the end of the day, but I know I'll have my last day the exact same way I had it last year: just logging off of a meet. It's really sad, but this is what I had to do for myself and my family. Still sucks though, but I won't continue to be upset about it. Instead, I'll let get on with my sentiments. 

Renee- hi, it's been a while. it was really great seeing you at the bowling alley. i was actually really glad to see you and it made me so happy to see that you were also just as excited to see me. we've shared a lot of classes together, and i always enjoyed seeing you in action, if that makes sense. you're also so creative; i'm sure you already know this but i just wanted to restate that. i hope you enjoy your internship this summer and college in the fall. 

Clara- hi, so it's also been a while. congrats on princeton! i don't know if i was able to tell you that in person, but i'll say it here. i know you're going to do great there. i can't wait to see what you accomplish in the future. i also hope you keep up the french horn videos in college, but i'm sure you'd have to get that approved with everyone in your dorm since i know you're partial to playing at around 2 am. have fun there, but make sure you keep warm in the winter, i know it'll be brutal. 

Camila- hi queen. i'm going to miss your energy. i also hope you keep up trying to convince your teachers to watch movies in all of your classes. you didn't succeed (from what i know) this year, but you might have more luck with your professors. but seriously, keep me updated on the private. i love the updates. i expect more in college. 

Izzy- izzy! i'm very sad that you aren't going to UCLA, but i also am so happy for you to go to georgetown. i know you'll love it there. i hope to see you on the news in a few years, i'm hoping for good news but i remember some of your propositions in bio being questionable. instead of getting together for brunch in irvine, we can always meet when we get home for breaks. i'm going to miss you, but please please please keep me updated. 

Abbie- oh abbie. we weren't super close but i will always remember your ability to turn in every single paper late. like walked in halfway through the period with a paper. it makes me giggle but i really hope that doesn't happen in college. if it does, please tell me so i can laugh inbetween crying through my STEM classes. i hope you enjoy college and whatever lies ahead of you. you are incredibly creative, so i know you'll do great things.

Sofia- hi sofia. i know we weren't very close but i just wanted to let you know that i always thought you were so kind and sweet. i'm so happy you got into your dream school and i hope you enjoy georgia. i know you'll fit in just fine. everyone loves you and you're just so caring, i can't see how anyone wouldn't want to be friends with you immediately. it's been a while since i've seen you, but i really do wish you the best in for your future. 

Deryn- hi deryn. i'm glad to see that you committed to amherst. i know how much you wanted to be in new england. i think you'll enjoy it up there. just make sure you learn how to make some more foods that you like and how to do your laundry. after that, i think you'll be fine. it will be a big change but i know you're going to do great. 

Adriana- hello my love. i just wanted to thank you. you've been there for me since day one. and i mean that literally, you were the first person i met from stm. i can't believe how far we've come since freshman orientation. we both have changed for the better, in my opinion. you were always so kind to me, even when so many others weren't. i genuinely love you with all of my heart. and now that we're both vaccinated, we can enjoy our hot girl summer. i'm going to miss you, but when i come back from SD, we can go visit a bunch of restaurants in town that i'm sure you'll find. 

Catherine- you sweet, beautiful creature. words cannot describe how much i love you. i'm going to miss you so much once you fly off to new york. we need to hang out this summer before we both move so far away. you are such a strong person. i'm sure you hear that a lot, but it's true; thank you for always being there for me and allowing me to share with you. that night at ellie's really meant a lot to the both of us. i wish we had more time together, but we can make that up this summer and all our breaks home. 

Leven- hello intruder. you may not be enrolled in ap english (even though you really should have listened to ms king when she said to do that) but you are still a member of this blog. therefore, you must be included. ah, what to say about you...well, for starters, i'm going to miss you. i'm sure you already knew that but i will. i won't get too sentimental with you because i know the emotions won't get processed correctly, so just know: i will be calling you on my way to class. 

Hunter- you. i was going to pull an erica and say nothing of you because...not much to say, but i shall humor you. i'll think of you on the occassion. maybe when i'm doing nerd stuff like calculus. have fun at nerd school. you will fit in very well there. you could come visit me, possibly, but that's up to you. liz wouldn't mind a car buddy to ride with her. the offer stands. i am aware of how much you like her. you also are allowed to spend part of the winter holidays at bourg manor, on the invitation of liz, again. my mother will miss you. 

Laura- oh, my bodyguard. i know i'll see you a lot before you go off to TN but that won't change that i'll miss you. i'm still going to facetime you at ungodly times since you seem to be the only person that is also awake at the hours that i am. i know you'll have fun there, or at least most of the time. i know you'll keep me updated if IT does anything out of line, but other than it, i think you'll absolutely love it there. i remember how excited you were, or at least how excited you were about their chapstick. you are like a sibling to me, since i don't have those, so it'll be strange. you also are more than welcomed to spend the holidays at bourg manor, as well, since you're parents won't be staying here. i love you. 

Erica- my sister. i don't know where to start. i love you. i seriously love you. i also miss you like crazy. i know that we both have had to lose a lot of things this year because of having stay at home. even though we got made fun of and people didn't understand, i think it says a lot about your character. you stayed home to protect your brother, your family. and if i'm being honest, i consider you guys my family too. you, your brother, your mom. you guys are family to me and now that we're both vaccinated i'm hoping we can see each other a lot before i leave. you're going to do so many good things for the loyola community. you better keep me updated. and i expect weekly calls. i know you aren't the best with that, but it's manditory. 

Ms King- i wish i could have known you more. it's hard to know someone over google meets, but you really did try for us. i appreciate all of the effort that you put into class over the past year. i'm sure it wasn't easy; this year has been quite difficult for the teachers as well. but i just want you to know that our class loves you. we really, really do. as an honorary member of the 504meg fan club, i will miss your class a lot. i know this won't be the last time i see you, as leven would never allow that. 

On that note, goodbye everyone. I love you all. I'll miss you guys so much. I'm proud to say that I was a part of the AP English class of 2021. I want you all to listen to the song "Till Forever Falls Apart." I wanted it to be a part of senior chapel, but it makes me think of our class. I'll put the link below. 

Till Forever Falls Apart



1 comment:

Unknown said...

No, no this literally just broke my heart. I think it’s finally hitting me now. Why’d you do me like this?????? TAKE ME BACK TO FRESHMAN ORIENTATION (no not really I wouldn’t want to do high school again) but you know what I mean. Love your or forever girl, and I honestly agree, we both have grown so much, AND FOR OUR BETTER. HOT GIRL SUMMER HERE WE GO