Friday, April 30, 2021

This isn't Goodbye. It's just see you later.

Hi, y'all!

Time for me to get sentimental and say something about all of you. Coming into a new school this year, I can't express how thankful I am for the welcoming environment I was received in from the moment I met you all.

Renee - Without a doubt, the aspect of our friendship I have enjoyed most is the sympathy we have for one another after a math test. It was always so comforting to have someone suffer along with me in that class. Your honesty and courage to say things that the rest of us are too afraid to is just one of your amazing talents, not to mention art. We came close to being at the same college next year, but I know you will love Tuscaloosa.

Izzy - What's up, cuz? You said you knew we would be friends when you saw my binders, but I knew we would be friends when I saw your magnets moments before. Little did I know, at the time, we're somewhat related. Your commitment and dedication to your classes is so strong, and frankly, I'm a little jealous of your motivation. But, without a doubt, it has certainly paid off. Georgetown is lucky to have you, and whenver I'm in D.C., I'll be sure to reach out and say hi to my fellow successful buddy.

Abbie - As the only person I really knew before I came to St. Martin's, you have always been there for me when I needed guidance in the beginning of the year. You walked me to my first advisory back in August, and I'm glad you've been with me for every other step along the way. While I don't know much about Wheaton, your excitement makes me excited for you. I know you'll love it.

Rikki - Oh my. Where do I begin? I taught you how to play Among Us, and then you turned around kicked my ass ten minutes later. Regardless of any grudge I may or may not be holding, you and your family hold a special place in my heart. I've always enjoyed the conversations we've had late at night, especially the poetry document. San Diego won't know what hit 'em.

Clara - I can't tell you how much fun I've had irritating you all year. It's too easy, not going to lie. But, thank you for allowing it. I hope you've enjoyed the jests as well. From all the debates we've had and jokes I've made, I don't think I've laughed as hard as when you fell out of your chair in Comp. Sci. And, as you always say, go tigers!

Cami - WSYZ. I truly think this is one of my most favorite memories. So many jokes we have together, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. From our first dinner at Boulevard to passing each other in the breezway as I was skipping Comp. Sci., I'm so glad to have you as a friend. Your school spirit clearly shows (hence the award), and I have no doubt that you'll carry that loveable energy with you to UAB.

Laura - Thinking back to August, I got a message from you saying, "Hey, we were gonna start an AP English group chat. Did you wanna join?" I should've said no. Kidding. You're were one of the first ones to reach out to me and make me start to feel welcome here at StM. Of course, I had so much fun being the inspiriation for your personal essay in CW, and many other milkshake adventures to come in Adairsville, of course. Sewanee is only a few hours away, so not staying in touch would be rude.

Sofia - Ahhh, my Georgia buddy. You're genuinely one of the kindest and sweetest people I know, so I'm fairly confident in saying that people in Athens will love you. Coffee dates are a must for the next four years. I'm so glad to have gotten to known you well this semester, and I can't wait to see where the future takes us. I'm pretty sure that I can't say this since my school's warcry is "To Hell with Georgia," (referring to UGA), but as long as you don't tell anyone, go bulldogs.

Deryn - First off, the graduation poem was lovely. I'm so glad we remembered to add it back, even though it was last minute. I miss all the Schitt's Creek TikToks we used to send to each other. I had to more research on Amherst because I barely knew anything about it, but I couldn't be happier for you. Massachusetts is such a cool place, and to quote Alexis Rose, "I love that for you."

Adriana - Madam President. How you managed to lead a class through a pandemic from your house is beyond me. The amount of effort you put into planning different class events is extremely admirable. We, as a class, certainly appreciate all that you have done for us. I'm so exicted to hear about what you do at Tulane; I know you'll do great there.

Erica - You know, I was actually gonna say something sweet, but then I saw your post, so all I have to say is this:

Catherine - My dearest wife. I have thoroughly enjoyed commenting totally unrelated rants on your posts this year. While I must admit that though his hairline is receding, I love seeing you and Westely together. Picking you up at 11:00 PM on a school night, well, that's a different story. You know that I will be hopping a plane first chance to come visit you in NYC. We just have to make sure we don't try to see each other at the same time with me being in New York and you in Atlanta. NYU is lucky to have you, and if you need me to come beat someone up for you, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Until brunch at Hoda's.

Moneybag Meg - 11/10. All time favorite English teacher. The fanclub has had so much fun getting to know you and your personal details over the past few months. While you might think it's stalkerish, it is, but we do it out of love. Your sympathy/empathy (tbh idk which one is correct here) for us during these stressful times is greatly appreciated by all of us. I can't wait to cry during your speech at graduation.

I will miss you all, very much (except Erica).

Love,
Hunter

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you hunter. I’m so happy I met you!! You’re the most caring helpful person I have ever met. I’m sooo happy we’re gonna be close next year. I promise we will hang out !

Unknown said...

thank you hunter. I’m so happy I met you!! You’re the most caring helpful person I have ever met. I’m sooo happy we’re gonna be close next year. I promise we will hang out !

erica ricci said...

I know we joke a lot, but I am saddened to have to part, Hunter. As you know, I don't open up to people easily, and it still amazes me that in just a few months, you have managed to become one of my closest friends. Good thing you aren't going too far because, surprisingly enough, I'm actually going to miss you. I'll try my hardest to answer one of your phone calls...