Monday, April 26, 2021

Moo!

 

Or whatever Mammoths say. I researched it and they say it sounds more like a grunt but I can’t help but imagine a Mammoth noise sounding like Moo. So...Mooo! I am officially a Mammoth aka I have officially committed to Amherst College. I could literally not be more excited! I have watched every youtube video online and even gotten over my initial hesitation for wearing purple and black. I know it wasn't my first choice but after accidentally joining one of their “get to know the school” sessions, I really fell in love with the atmosphere and the faculty. Plus, the location could not be more perfect, placed in a small New England town in Massachusetts, only a few hours away from Boston and New York. The only thing that I think is a con would be the communal bathrooms, which I have chosen to ignore. Anyways, I have finally gotten rid of the stress of choosing a college to commit to and can begin planning out the next fall.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Ryn,
Congrats! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you, and I know you'll thrive at Amherst. Visit me in New Jersey :)
Love from
Clara

Unknown said...

Hey Deryn! I know I already texted you, but I'm so happy for you! I think you'll have an amazing college experience, and I can't wait to hear all about it, over text, phone calls, or our reunion. I agree with you on the communal bathrooms. Yuck. I need to get a bathrobe or something so I don't have to walk in my towel. Are your bathrooms co-ed? That was a change for Ally and Chloe at UChicago. I am also terrified I will get a horrible roommate, but that's a problem for a few months from now. If you ever get bored of small town life, come to DC (I can't promise the dorm won't be tiny, but the city will be big). I'm also really excited to start planning, from school supplies to dorm supplies to meeting people, even to finding flights and deciding what clothes to bring. Keep me updated over the summer please!

Unknown said...

Why are they the Mammoths? Congrats on committing!