Saturday, February 16, 2019

¿british library?

When I went to Europe, with Dr. Vaccarro and others, this summer our first stop was in London. On our second to last day there, we made a stop at the British National Library. And let me just say, it was fantastic, there were so many historical artifacts that lined the walls. At the library, like any museum-like place, there was a gift shop. So I purchased a collection of poems. And guess who it was by T. S. Elliot. I have read a few of his poems, and they are actually quite interesting and well written.

1 comment:

Anna Beth Talbot said...

We actually saw a lot of 18th-20th century authors/poets we read about in English class all throughout the Europe trip, even under our feet at Westminster Abbey! There was even a "poet's corner" where poets such as Charles Dickens, Robert Browning, the Bronte sisters, Chaucer, and Alfred Tennyson are buried! I was really surprised, besides the fact that I hadn't yet passed out from jet lag, that I saw so many familiar names buried there, as well as notorious British monarchs. It's remarkable how these poets have made such an impact on English literature that they all share their final resting place there.