Saturday, September 19, 2020

Leonie is a bad mother

Can I just talk about how bad of a mother Leonie? It sucks that your brother died and you aren't the favorite child, but that's no excuse to take your anger out on your children who haven't done anything to you. Also, marrying the cousin of the guy who murdered your brother is a very strange thing to do. I guess they bonded over how stupid Michael's cousin is, but for me, personally, I could never marry anyone even remotely related to someone who killed my family.  She also did drugs and drank while she was pregnant with Kayla. She's just all around very irresponsible and got on my nerves throughout the entire book because yes, she did have some hardships throughout life, but instead of looking at her children as a fresh start, she looked at them as a burden and didn't treat them well.

Side note, I also noticed that both Jojo and Kayla are named after people on Michael's side of the family (Big Joseph and Michael), even though that side of the family wants nothing to do with Leonie. I feel like Jojo should have been named after River, since he's the one who is doing all the raising, since Leonie and Michael are both deadbeats.

No comments: