Saturday, September 19, 2020

Leadership

With the recent passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, many Americans are wondering who will be appointed to lead our country as an Associate Justice on the Supreme Court. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R - KY) has said that he will push for a full-senate confirmation for President Trump's nominee, despite his refusal to allow the Senate Judiciary Committee to process Merrick Garland (Obama's nomination to replace Anton Scalia) back in February of 2016. While Republicans do hold majority in the Senate by 3, GOP Senators Susan Collins (R - ME) and Lisa Murkowski (R - AK) have stated that the Senate should wait, and Sen. Mitt Romney (R - UT), Obama's 2012 presidential opponent, has voted against President Trump in the past but has not yet released a statement on the issue of replacing Ginsburg. For those who can do math, one might realize that should all three vote against the nominee, or refuse to vote, there would most likely be a tie in the Senate, leaving the final decision up to Vice President Pence, as the President of the Senate.

However, I digress, as this is not a political forum. The title of this article is "Leadership" for a reason. Some of my fellow classmates may have seen that last year there was a king of the blog. Ms. Rikki Bourg has expressed interest in assuming this leadership position, and I am unaware of other's personal desires or ambitions. However, I do know that this blog does in fact need a leader. As the person who fixed the technological issues for everyone, I would like to nominate myself to be king of the blog. I am also open to the idea of co-reiging with Ms. Bourg or another member of this class. To finish out our first week of blogging, I leave you all with a quote for your to ponder as you consider your decision for the leader of this blog.

"I would rather obey a fine lion, much stronger than myself, than two hundred rats of my own species."
- Voltaire

Yours truly,
Hunter
(Hunger)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I formally agree to co-reign as blog king.

Unknown said...

I think (for obvious reasons) the crown will be passed down to moi... Don't ya think?