Monday, September 28, 2020

Who are the most played artists on the SUS characters Spotify?

 Well, it's that time of the week where Rikki asks the least pressing questions that somewhat relate to what we are learning! I won't lie, this one might not make sense but I'll try my best. 

Recently, I downloaded Spotify. I know. I'd been a loyal Pandora user since I was 9, but finally made the switch (mostly for aesthetic purposed and the fact that it was $3 cheaper). Something I was always really interested in was that at the end of the year, the app tells you the artists you listened to the most. Pandora never had anything like that, and I was always curious to who I would get in my top spots because my music taste varies so much. 

So my first question: if you have Spotify, who was your top artist or song of last year? Maybe take a little trip down memory lane and see what you were listening to almost a year ago. Peoples tastes change, maybe yours did over quarantine. 

My second question: if our characters from SUS had Spotify, who would be their top artists? 

I've put a little thought into this. I see Jojo being a Tyler the Creator or Childish Gambino (specifically 3005 era) fan. They just match his vibes and fit his personality. I could see Pop listening to whatever artist was Mam's favorite, or at least asking Jojo to play whatever songs they listened to in their youth. Possibly some old Elvis Presley because of his rock/soul mix, or Ella Fitzgerald for a good slow song that they would sway to in the kitchen when it'd come on the radio. Michael really seems like the type of guy to listen to Eminem or Mac Miller or some white rapper that he would claim to get a deeper message from. I would say someone like Lil Peep, but Michael is just a bit too old for that and is probably still living in the early 2000's music wise. Kayla 100% listens to something like Baby Shark on repeat, which Jojo probably hates. Leonie, and I might be completely wrong about this, gives me slightly country vibes. She is from Mississippi and probably listened to a bit of country with her friends, but not the "I like to drink beer and drive trucks" kind of country; she seems more of a "I killed my husband, hid his body, and am smoking a cigarette" type of country. 

I really want to know what you guys think and love the interactions I get on these posts. I liked seeing the differing opinions on the sorting of the characters, so let me know what artist the SUS characters are listening to the most! 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Rikki! First off, never stop asking these types of questions because I absolutely love them. I am not a Spotify user myself, but I know what you're talking about when they give you a little summary of your song choices from that past year. I use Apple Music, and, sadly, they don't give an as personal experience that Spotify does. Regardless, I have a couple thoughts on what music the SUS characters would listen to. I agree with you on JoJo. He definitely gives the vibe that he enjoys a fusion of R&B and rap. One artist I think he would especially love is Chance the Rapper. He has super catchy music that always has a positive and humble message in it. Considering how much responsibility JoJo has at a young age, I think he would love to just decompress to some Chance the Rapper. I honestly got such a strong Nickelback vibe from Michael. I totally see him religiously listening to their songs like Rockstar and Photograph. I can't really explain why I think he would be obsessed with them. I see Leonie being super into the oldies, like Jackson 5, Aretha Franklin, and the Temptations. I feel like since her life took a dark turn at a young age, she would really enjoy listening to light-hearted music that won't remind her of any of her trauma. I also think Mam and Pop would like this type of music and therefore heavily influence Leonie's music taste.

Unknown said...

Hey Rikki! I love this question, because I love music so much! I definitely think that Jojo would listen to Chance the Rapper. like Sofia said. He defintely gives off R&B vibes. I think Leonie would listen to 90-early 2000's music, because I feel like that can remind her of her happier days when she met Michael and became pregnant with Jojo. I feel like she can definitely relate to early Beyonce because she was "Crazy in Love" with Michael. I think Michael is also early 2000's boybands like Nikelback and Hootie and the Blowfish, I don't know why but I get those vibes from him! I think Misty definitely listens to Amy Winehouse, and Ariana Grande. I don't know why I get those vibes, but I feel like she would listen to women with powerful voices, but again kind of throwback music.

Unknown said...

I feel like Michael would be really into J Cole and M&M. Leonie would probably be into some SZA. Jojo is definitely a J Cole typa guy, and I agree with your thought on Kayla. This post honestly got me thinking.