Friday, September 4, 2020

Character Reactions?

 Okay hi everyone. I don’t know who will see this but I’ve been having this question on my mind since I heard we’d be blogging about the book. How would each character of One Hundred Years of Solitude react to WAP by Cardi B ft. Megan thee Stallion? I want to know what people think because it’s killing me. Personally, I think Rebeca and Jose Acardio would LOVE it and would definitely learn the Tiktok dance for the song together, but that’s the only characters I want to share. Please let me know. I want to have a good laugh while having a discussion about the characters. 

Have fun.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

For sure, I think that Ursula would be that mom that is like, "Is that what you kids listen to today? In my day, cursing in song was considered vulgar!" And can I just say that I totally see Jose Arcadio Buendia attempting to write his own music after this and epically failing.

Unknown said...

Okay to be honest, those lyrics wouldn't even phase that family. They were already pretty freaky to begin with.. so they'd probably just be like "oh okay" and just continue making gold fish or do something incestual. Also, why do I feel like Ursuala would love it... I don't know, I have always gotten "cool great-great grandma" vibes from her.

Unknown said...

Oops, I spelled Ursula wrong! My apologies!

Unknown said...

I think considering what we know about Pilar Ternera, this song would be her anthem. She's definitely in touch with her sexuality, which is a huge part of what this song means. I think Rebecca and Amaranta would also blast this in the house. Especially while they were fighting of Pietro Crespi to hype themeslves up. In my opinion, the only female that wouldn't be super into this song is Ursula. I just feel like she would judge Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion for making this song.

Unknown said...

I don't think that Ursula would particularly have an opinion on WAP. She'd probably just tell them to turn it down so that she can focus on finding her way around the house while she pretends that she isn't blind. Fernanda would either disown or hide away any of her children who danced to it or sang it. I agree with what Renee said, that Jose Arcadio Buendia would make it into a bigger deal than it had to be and try to make a song that everyone liked better than WAP, but he would fail and go into another unnecessary depression over it and not take care of his family because he's sad he couldn't match Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion.