Saturday, May 2, 2015

Humanities

I'm so glad that I took humanities this year. It's definitley been one of the best choices of my high school career. Not only did I like the novels and material we read, but more importantly, I liked how we learned about them. I loved how the class was discussion based. I really enjoyed learning the novels we read through people's different perspectives, and I enjoyed listening to everyone's thoughts. Even when I didn't voice my opinion or comment, I felt so engaged and interested in what yall thought. I also liked how in depth analyzed the material. I didn't feel like read books just to get through them; instead, I felt that I was gaining a profound understanding of the novels. I liked many of the works that we read this year, but I think my all time favorite was One Hundred Years of Solitude. I really do consider that a life changing book, and it's changed the way in which I think of time and reality in my life. That book inspired me to read Love in the Time of Cholera for my independent study, and I want to thank Ms. King and Mrs. Quinet for introducing me to Marquez because I have developed a love and passion for his writing. I also wanted Ms. King and Mrs. Quinet for this year because I have learned so incredibly much, and my love for history and literature has truly deepened, and I look up to y'all very much! Also humanities wouldn't have be the same without everyone in the class, and I'm so thankful to have been part of  it. I'm truly going to miss every one of y'all, so thank you for making my senior great a memorable one. :)