Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Thousand and One Nights

I do not know about you guys but I really enjoyed reading the stories from A Thousand and One Nights. Some of the stories, like The Merchant and the Ox and the Merchant and the Demon, remind me of stories I read when I was little. I particularly remember reading a lot of Aesop's Fables, many of which are the same stories as A Thousand and One Nights. They all have some moral value they want to portray and emphasize. For instance, in The Merchant and the Ox, it is to not be lazy and to do your job (the donkey convinces the ox to not do his job, and they donkey is then punished by doing to ox's job). I guess all of those stories just gave me a nice memory of my childhood and the stories our parents told us and that we would read whose moral stories affected how we turned out as we are today.

No comments: