Sunday, December 6, 2020

First College Acceptance! :)

 Hey y'all! On Thursday, I found out that I got into Colorado School of Mines and got a scholarship, which is super exciting. I was thrilled, but I didn't realize the ensuing senioritis would kick in so quickly. Even in classes on Friday, I found myself zoning out and not taking thorough notes, which is very unusual for me. Then on Friday night after 3 hours of agonizing over why my audition videos wouldn't upload (see my response to my previous post if y'all want the details), I watched 7 episodes of "Emily in Paris." Granted, each episode is only 30 minutes, but there were definitely more productive ways to spend my time. I'm trying to rally myself to get all of my work done before exams, but it's a struggle, especially since I've already been admitted somewhere. Anyway, I'll definitely update y'all when I hear back from any other colleges, and I wish y'all the best in your college application processes (@renee, Friday will be a great day!). I agree with Izzy and everyone who commented on her post that the application fees are exorbitant, and I think it's absurd that you have to pay to take standardized tests and then pay MORE to send them to colleges. The audition that I turned in on Friday cost $70 to submit, which I thought was ridiculous because honestly, they should be paying ME for the 15 essays I had to write and the hours of practicing I did. (I'm kind of kidding but I'm also completely serious). Anyway, congrats to everyone @Abbie @Erica @Laura who has already been accepted into college (sorry if I forgot anyone!), and good luck to everyone! I hope y'all get into your first choice colleges! 

Love, 

Clara

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Clara!

Colorado would be such a fun place to go school and congratulations on getting in. I get what you mean about the senioritis after getting into at least one school. This happened to me a few weeks ago when I found out within days of each other that I got into UTampa and Eckerd, and honestly since then it's such a relief. It's like, at least I got into somewhere right? I don't know what your other results will come in, but the wait is agonizing for me at least just to know what else is going to happen.

Also, keep up the content on your music. I enjoy reading the updates on how your auditions are going because it really amazes me that you have time to do so much (I seriously could never, so props to you).

Just remember, we only have 4 more days of actual classes before exams, and then we get a 2 week break! I hope that helps with any procrastination.

Catherine Ronquillo said...

So happy for you Clara! Congratulations! Colorado is such a great place and getting a scholarship is even more exciting. I'm not sure where it's located in Colorado, but I love Vail and Denver! I think you're really going to love it if you decide on going there. I completely agree with you on the whole senioritis thing. When I got my first acceptance, I definitely gave up for like that entire week till I realized that probably wasn't the best idea. Also, on a much different note, Emily in Paris is such a good show. If I had her closet (or her life honestly), I don't think I'd ever stop smiling. Anyway, so proud of you and I can't wait to see where you wind up.

erica ricci said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you, Clara! And I totally agree, why is submitting to colleges so darn expensive? A few weeks ago I submitted an application to the University of Washington in Seattle and it cost like 90 bucks! I think it'll be worth it though because I really do wanna go there! Again, I am so happy for you Clara! Your future is so bright!! (And thank you for the shoutout! Haha!)
Love,
Erica Ricci

Unknown said...

Thank all of y'all so much! I really appreciate your kindness and support. I'll be sure to keep y'all posted, and best of luck on your college applications! I hope y'all get in to the college of your choice :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, Clara! Good luck on pushing through the senioritis for the rest of the year. We'll all be right there pushing along with you.
I haven't been accepted anywhere I actually want to go, yet, which is sort of annoying. I've been seeing everyone post about how they've already heard back from 5-6 colleges, and I've only heard from one (Millsaps), which I don't even want to attend. They offered me a lot of scholarship money, so I feel bad for not wanting to go, but I have my sights set on different institutions, so hopefully I hear from them soon. And I agree with y'all, it's so ridiculous how many extra fees you have to pay. I think I paid around $150-$200 in application fees, and I only applied to eight schools. Some of them didn't have an application fee, which was nice, but I also had to pay $13 per school I sent my ACT scores to, which is also incredibly stupid. Even if you don't go to their school, they're still getting money out of you, which isn't fair since college tuitions are so high anyway that they really shouldn't need anything else from you (especially if you aren't even going to attend). I was going to apply to Lipscomb a while ago, but after I got done with the Commonapp, I saw that there was a $65 application fee and said forget it, it's a safety school anyway. The other day, though, they called me and basically begged me to apply, and they waived the fee for me. So, I applied, but I still had to pay $13 to send my ACT scores. We're all going to be in debt before we even go to college lol