Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Audition Updates/Music Rant

 Hey y'all, 

For everyone who read my last post, thanks! I just wanted to update y'all and say that I finished my first audition for this week. It was extremely stressful and exhausting. I had to play an entire concerto (about 15 minutes) and another 5-minute piece, all of which I ended up recording today. (I did try to record yesterday and Sunday, but my best recordings were from today, so I just kept going for 4 hours.) I am very glad I recorded today because my high notes and overall tone were a lot better than yesterday or Sunday. I think it's because I got a decent amount of sleep yesterday after falling asleep on the couch without doing any homework :/ Speaking of which, I wrote my Dante's Inferno Paper about music-related procrastination, if that makes any sense. I'd love for y'all to read it if you're interested because I really enjoyed writing it and I'd love to share my passion with you. (Hunter is featured as one of the sinners, in jest of course :) I'm super proud of the title I came up with, which is "Hell Hath No Fury Like a French Horn." Anyway, sorry for this long-winded post that's going absolutely nowhere, but I'm just so happy I sent in my recordings! It's days like this that make me so grateful to play the French horn. Even though this afternoon was really hectic and tiring, it was also extremely gratifying. I'm super proud of myself for playing all of Strauss 1, which I definitely didn't think I'd be able to get together in time for this audition. 

       Thanks for everyone who stuck with me this long! I have another audition due Friday so I'll keep y'all posted about it. (Hunter, I will try my very best to make you cookies on Thursday night, but if I have an econ test as well as my audition, they might have to wait till Monday...sorry!) And now I'm off to write an econ essay! 

Musically yours, 

Clara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey again, y'all! So yesterday I recorded my last audition of 2020, and it was so bittersweet. It was such a relief to submit it because the application had about 15 essays, which I didn't realize until Thursday :/ However, let me just RANT about how long it took to submit my videos! I had three videos (on my mom's iPad), and all I needed to do was upload them to YouTube and then copy the link and email it to myself so that I could paste it into the application (which I had filled out on my computer). Uploading videos to YouTube shouldn't be that hard, but every time I tried, it kept telling me "Upload failed." (I'm not sure if this was a connection issue or what, but it was very frustrating.) So I tried to upload the videos to Vimeo, but I couldn't access their links (which I needed for the application) unless I paid $240.00. I can't make this up, y'all. How ridiculously overpriced is that?
Then I had the brilliant idea to upload my video to Google Drive and attach that file to my application. After waiting seemingly interminably for my video to upload, I tried to attach a file to my application only to discover that I could only access File Explorer and not Google Drive. I was at my wits' end.
Eventually, YouTube started letting me upload my videos, but only after 3 hours of angst. I definitely should've made this the punishment for my sinners in my paper "Hell Hath No Fury Like a French Horn." It's way worse than having to play Till over and over again (although if I was next to Hunter, it might be a different story because I could use him for tech help lol). Anyway, I just wanted to update y'all on my audition status. Thanks to everyone who watched my Strauss videos! :)