Saturday, December 7, 2019

what if we were to talk in long formal speeches ?

As we watched the Hamlet movie this week in class, I couldn’t help but think about the exaggeration of long formal speeches. There is such a difference between reading these long formal speeches in word form on a page, then watching someone speak them. The more and more Hamlet talked, the more I wondered: What would our conversations be like if we talked with  this type of exaggerated emotion and feeling. Everything Hamlet said was loud with such pain and passion as if he wanted the gods to hear him. If this were to be our everyday language do ya’ll think that would be a good thing or a bad thing? Would it affect the topics we talk about? Or the people we talked to?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it could be both a good and bad thing. First, a lot of the time we like to talk instead of listening, and when someone is talking, we think about what we will say next instead of listening. So, for this to become a commonality in our lives would cause us to listen to every word of someone’s whole argument just as if we were the audience listening to Hamlet on stage. However, it would be pretty annoying with how dramatic these speeches are. Just imagine for every time there was drama, there is another speech. This is almost like the real life version of a twitter rant now that I think about it. In all, I don’t think it would be great for us to have these speeches.

KING Tanner Duncan Sykes, The First said...

I tend to speak in long, drawn out speeches. I just love to talk. I would hate it if everyone talked like me because I like to feel special and I am very needy, and if everyone talked like me then I wouldn't be able to talk like me.