Friday, December 13, 2019

The Movie

I really like the scenery in the Hamlet movie. Ms. Ross and I have extensively talked about the tiled floors, the many windows and the intricate designs of the bookcase doors. This allows, as you have seen, for many of the scenes and traps in the play to take place. I generally like the movie, it's filled with many talented actors as well as very good camera work. What did you guys think of these things? I can say I thought the camera work for The Mousetrap scene was very well done. Do you guys think there were too many windows and mirrors, or too few?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think there a good amount, the set was beautifully done. You would expect that many windows and mirrors in a royal palace, so I honestly don't think there were enough.

Unknown said...

I loved the set!! I thought everything was gorgeous and all of the trap doors were so interesting to me. I kept asking myself if real palaces have any secret doors like these. I thought the mirrors were pretty significant to the plot so I definitely understand why they would include so many. All of the characters have to take a deeper look into themselves at some point during the play and I thought the use of all the mirrors signified this. I don’t think they needed to include any more trap doors or mirrors throughout the set because then the play might have a more mysterious or ghostly feel than what was intended. I know that’s what they were going for but more of these would have went overboard in my opinion.

KING Tanner Duncan Sykes, The First said...

I disagree.