Saturday, January 20, 2018

'How Utilitarian Are You?' Oh boy

I found a quiz that apparently aims to measure how utilitarian someone might be. It involves questions that begin or include 'if' and 'then' and the 'morally right' thing to do and what that might be. Of course this quiz isn't a state of the art composition to determine someone's official beliefs but depending on how you think about it, the quiz COULD be fun to complete. I haven't taken it yet just because I'm not quite ready to find out what this quiz might say about me as a person (even if it's sort of all in good fun) :P But here's the link to the quiz:

http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/test/how-utilitarian-are-you-the-oxford-utilitarianism-scale/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! What a thought-provoking quiz, Margot. Great find! The first couple questions were pretty easy, but as the quiz went on I spent more and more time on each question. As I was answering the questions, I thought I would be pretty utilitarian, but as it turns out I am not that utilitarian at all. I got a 26 out of 63, which is described a, "You probably think that consequences are important sometimes, but you’re still not very utilitarian." I didn't think I'd be completely utilitarian, but I thought I'd be higher than what I ended up getting. What did other people get if you guys took the quiz?