Saturday, January 27, 2018

"Freud o l'interpretazione dei sogni"

The theatre nerd within me was elated to find that the second half of the theatre season in Italy will be featuring Freud as the center of "Freud o l'interpretazione dei sogni" (Freud or the interpretation of dreams), a play written by Stefano Massini with Fabrizio Gifuni. Performances started on January 23 and will continue up until March 11 at Milan's Piccolo Theater. There are many similar plays that'll be showcased this season in that they all have to do with influential men and women from the past century whose lives and ambitions are of great interest. I wonder if the play will be as outright and unexpectedly carnal as the Freud-inspired movie Augustine appeared to be in that clip we watched on Thursday, though I know live theatre and onscreen acting are different.
Who wants to go to Italy with me to watch this play? I'm high key willing to skip a few parades during Mardi Gras break to go see it.

No comments: