Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Idea Lab and the Inferno

Towards the end of this week, I saw the deadline for the Inferno approaching and my already long, jumbled list of ideas not getting any shorter. None of  these ideas, however, were remotely close to actually being a basis for my circle. Megan suggested that I should go to Mr. Mason to see if "idea thinking" could help. Mr. Mason, Megan, and I sat around the table writing down all the different ideas for sins onto post it notes. Then, we put the notes all over the wall and organized them into different categories like religion, politics, rudeness, and pet peeves. Soon it was obvious that most of my notes fell into the category of "people who judge others." From that point, it was much easier to come up with rest. Mr. Mason really helped me organize my thoughts and I think I may start making a stop to the Idea Lab to brainstorm for other papers in the future.

1 comment:

Kincy GIbson said...

Amy, it was such a good idea to go to the idea lab to organize and structure your ideas. That is what I struggle with most in writing my papers: focusing on one theme. I usually cant decide on just one so i jumble them all together for one UBER-theme. Next time we have to write a paper I will go and ask Mr. Mason for help!