Saturday, November 17, 2018

As Above So Below

Way back in 2014, me and my friend decided to watch this movie called "As Above So Below", with the hopes of getting thoroughly scared; instead we were left pretty confused and creeped out. I basically forgot about this movie until it was added on Netflix last month, where I decided to rewatch it. Needless to say, I understand now why this movie completely went over my head. The movie follows a group of explorers led by an archaeologist named Scarlett, who plans on continuing her father's research by going into the Paris catacombs in search of the infamous Philosopher's Stone. By entering the catacombs, the team literally descends into hell, all 9 layers and everything. The interesting thing is that at each different stop in the tunnels, we see that each member of the team is tested by the spirits of the catacombs and later reveals to have committed their own unforgivable sins. I don't want to spoil all of the movie, as I highly suggest that you guys should watch it. Apart from it being super creepy, it's really cool to see how Dante's Inferno was imagined into a modern setting!

No comments: