Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Ryn’s Netflix Pick 🍿

 All the Bright Places. WARNING: Popcorn is crucial for this movie! This movie is incredibly slow and is honestly not one of the best movies I have watched, yet by the end I found myself crying my eyes out. If you like To All the Boys I Loved Before then I would give this movie a shot. It picks up around the middle but truly doesn’t get really good around the end when all the pieces add up. After finishing it I can say it was worth it and is one of theirs films I can rave about for hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello hello. I have a Netflix recommendation as well: "Firefly Lane." This series (only one season, 10 episodes, 50 minutes each) came out over the weekend, and I was obsessed with it. Notice the past tense. I already finished it. I said I was going to listen to my audiobook while doing my puzzle, but I have to be honest when I say that Firefly Lane is much more captivating than Madam Bovary. The first thing that caught my eye was that Katherine Heigl (who played Izzie on Grey's Anatomy) is one of the main characters. The show is about these two girls who have been best friends since growing up together in middle school and who worked as journalists. The Izzie actress is now a big-time talk show host while the other woman (they're in their 40s) is a stay-at-mom who is going through a divorce so is now getting a new job. There's several different timelines going on in the show—one from when they were teenagers in the 70s, their first journalist job in the 80s, the "present" day in 2003, and little snippets from the future in 2005. Perhaps there are some cringe moments and the acting could be better at times, but I found it really entertaining. If you're looking for a quick series to watch, I recommend this one. I hope y'all enjoy!