Monday, February 22, 2021

Giving Up Dessert

 Hey y'all, 

Every year for Lent, I attempt to give up dessert, and I always struggle because I live for dessert. We always have dessert at my house, whether it's cookies, chocolate cake, King Cake, lemon cake, ice cream, pie, etc. I generally indulge in dessert at least once a day (who am I kidding? at least 3 times a day haha). To make it easier on myself, I'm allowing myself to eat dessert on Sundays, since Lent is only 40 days but the six Sundays between Mardi Gras and Easter make the number of days between Mardi Gras and Easter actually 46 days. I'm also going to eat dessert on my birthday, which almost invariably falls during Lent. Other than that, I'm trying to eat more healthily in general so that I don't crave dessert as much. I've started eating carrots, which are actually so delicious, and celery, which isn't bad as long as it's not mushy. Have y'all decided to give up anything for Lent? If so, how are y'all faring? Let me know in the comments. 

Love from 

Clara 

No comments: