Saturday, December 2, 2017

Favorite Shakespearean Play

As we finish up our discussions on Hamlet and take our assessment, I wanted to get your takes on your favorite play written by Shakespeare. Shakespeare wrote numerous tragedies, comedies, and historical plays throughout his years. We have read each year since 7th grade, I believe, and his works have been some of the most influential works in human history. He has many great plays to choose from, and I was wondering which one was your favorite. One of my favorites was Julius Caesar that we read in 9th grade. It was interesting to me because it was Shakespeare's depict on how he viewed the death of one of the most famous people in human history. We had learned about Caesar in Latin around the same time we read this play, so that made it even more interesting. I also enjoyed A Mid-Summer Night's Dream. I read this play in 7th grade for English class, and to my knowledge was the only comedy we ever read by Shakespeare. I enjoyed it because it was different than what you might expect from a normal Shakespearean play. So what was your favorite play written by Shakespeare and why? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree in your saying that Shakespeare is one of the greatest and most influential writers. For me, however, Hamlet is really the play that sticks out to me. Because I like characters that are complex, Hamlet is obviously an appealing character to me. I also really enjoyed the introspection that occurs throughout the play, for all characters, and how that aspect of the play really shines through as an early understanding of the human psyche.