Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dear Humanities Students,

I hope that all of you and your families weathered the storm safely.  If you're like me, you currently don't have power.  I had to come downtown to get some temporary AC and internet access.  It looks like many of you haven't been able to post to the blog this week.  If your power is restored, I would certainly encourage you to do so, but I also understand the limitations and inconvenience that the storm has caused.  We will discuss the blog issue when we return, but I assure you that I will not penalize those who haven't been able to post.  I will, however, count the posts toward your grade if you have been able to post this week.  For example, I might decide that they will count toward next week's required posts.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Mrs. Quinet yet, but I have tentatively rescheduled two due dates.  The tentatively rescheduled due date for the English summer reading paper outline will be Wednesday, September 5.  Also, as of right now, I intend to have you write an in-class essay on The Tin Drum on Thursday, September 6.  Once Mrs. Quinet and I have a chance to talk, we will give you a more accurate update, but please use these dates as your guide for now.  I assure you that we will be fair, but we also don't want to lose too much time to Isaac and his aftermath.  :)  Also, don't forget about the social studies paper on the summer reading novels.

Best,

Ms. King

P.S.  Please note that I have also changed these dates on the Homework Site.

No comments: