Thursday, May 6, 2021

To My Amazing Class

We made it! We finished and are moving on. I hope that everyone feels accomplished because it is a big deal. I wanted to say goodbye, but that feels too final, you know? I would like to believe that we will all see each other, at least online, but I know that it is likely that we will fall out of touch for the most part. Sadly, no matter how much we promise, sometimes the end of senior year is goodbye. 
How do you say goodbye to a part of yourself? For that is what STM and our class is: 12 years is impossible to move on from. The inside jokes will also be hard because I won't have anyone on the 'inside' anymore. One sided jokes are no longer funny. I have read everyone else's farewell posts, and they remind me of a sign-book, which is a tradition at a camp I went to. The tradition is that for the last week, you carry around a small book, and give it to others. They write messages in it, then once you are leaving and on the way home you open it and read it. So, here it goes:

Abbie (the other Renee): You have stuck with me, and I KNOW that that alone is truly a feat in and of itself. Thank you for being such a great friend and for never giving up on me. Know that I will never give up on you. 

Izzy: Can you believe that we were once enemies? It feels like just yesterday that Mr. Lind forced us to ride up to Baton Rouge next to each other. One of my greatest regrets is not becoming friends with you sooner. I do, however, plan on keeping in touch through letters (and the quicker texts of course). I will miss talking to you in person. And I apologize for the scarf. 

Clara: Princeton is lucky to have you! I hope that you have fun with statistical physics, and remember that life is just as much about the friends as it is about the work. I hope you continue to flourish! 

Rikki: I wish we got to spend more time together because you seem super awesome, but it was not meant to be. I expect to hear great things about you though because I have always pegged you to be someone who achieves your goals. 

Erica: I wish you luck. I have not talked with you much, but you seem strong and brilliant. 

Adriana: Thank you for being such a great class president. Though you are defined as much more than that role, it is the way that I interacted with you most, and it showed me that you are a confident and calm person. I believe that you will do amazingly well at Tulane and can't wait to see where you go! 

Hunter: Though you have only joined the grade this year, you are an Integral part of it. You made math class more fun than when it was just Abbie and I, and your math aerobics still make me chuckle. The Business world needs to look out because you are going to take it by a storm. 

Ryn: I hope that you are successful in every way! Good luck with college!

Cami: It's been forever! We have been though so many years, and it flew by. Too fast. It feels like yesterday that Mrs. Saucier introduced us, yet here we are graduating! It feels surreal. 

Laura: It is so great to have gotten to know you better this last year, and I'm sorry that it didn't happen sooner! But, I also wasn't the same person freshman year as I am now, so maybe that was for the best. I wish you the best of luck in the coming years, and of course I would defend you for the suspencion- she was much more in the wrong than you. 

Leven: Sorry about the pencil. Good luck! 

Sophia: We've shared a lot of classes, but I don't really know you. You do, however go with the flow much better than I do, and I envy you just a little for that. So, the best of luck! 

Ms. King: Thank you for being the teacher that we needed this year! We needed a teacher to commiserate with us, to stay at STM though our entire year, and to keep us in check, and you did all three. I will miss you so much, and I will miss our crazy attempts to try and derail the class. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually forgot about the pencil fiasco. All is forgiven, haha!

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahaha