While googling what you should do if your dog ate chocolate, I was curious as to whether chocolate was poisonous for cats too. Google said:
"The toxic dose for cats is even lower than for dogs. However, cats are less prone to eating chocolate since they are unable to taste sweetness."
"Unable to taste sweetness."
If we were to get anthropocentric and pseudo-philosophical about this, that seems pretty miserable. Domestic cats are often seen as lethargic (since they sleep for so long) and just generally indifferent to life due to their constant inactivity. Now, they can't even taste sweetness, which we often crave because carbohydrates energize us and satisfy our brains' built-in reward system for when we provide it sustenance. Ain't that interesting.