Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Globe Theatre

Over the summer I spent 10 days in London with my mom and my sisters. When we were there we visited the Globe Theatre. The theatre was built by Shakespeare's playing company in 1599. The theatre I went to was not the same one built by Shakespeare himself because the original was burnt down. While visiting the globe my family and i were actually able to see a play being performed. We watched Shakespeare's play Richard II. Honestly, I was still very jet lagged and could barely keep my eyes open, but I'm sure it was a great play. I brought this up because we read one of Shakespeare's plays, Hamlet. Hamlet was originally performed in the globe theatre. It was very interesting to see this magnificent theatre and read about all of the history.

No comments: