Saturday, October 26, 2019

THERE'S A SONG

Guess what guys....... I FOUND A SONG ABOUT DANTE'S INFERNO. It is actually just called "Dante's Inferno" and it is by a group called Iced Earth. I have never heard of them before but maybe you all have. The whole song is kind of just a summary of all the cantos in the Inferno. Here are the first couple lines that we should be familiar with after reading multiple cantos:

"Through the fiery caverns we sail, Virgil at my side my guide and master, Questing through the nine plains of hell, Infernal wisdom shall fill my soul, Slowly now the days departing, The darkened air releases me, Frightening visions of my journey, Entrance me to Limbo, I'm not free"

This first stanza really talks mostly about the first Canto when Dante meets Virgil and Virgil tells him how he will lead him through Hell and be his guide. Also, the last line in this stanza says they are entering Limbo, which is the 1st circle of Hell, and is where Virgil lives in Hell. The song continues just as their journey does and if y'all would like to look more into it here is the link for the song lyrics: https://genius.com/Iced-earth-dantes-inferno-lyrics  (you can also play the song off this website, but I will warn you it is very long for a song: about 17 minutes!)

No comments: