Tuesday, March 24, 2020

WHAT or WHO caused Covid-19 ?

So I had an interesting and somewhat concerning conversation with my neighbor about the coronavirus that I thought I should share...

There have been many accusations of how covid-19 came to be. The biggest one I've heard is that people in China were selling "bat-soup" at a market place and citizens were ingesting this exotic meat. It has been found that some behaviors associated with eating meat can be risk factors in the rise of new diseases, but I haven't heard any actual evidence that this is the case for covid-19. I've also read that covid-19 was created as a "bio-weapon". 

Well, my neighbor has his own idea of how and why covid-19 exists: 
He whole heartily believes that the virus was man-made by the Chinese government. He said they sent it out into their community intentionally infecting thousands of its own people, knowing that there would be travelers that would bring it to the US. He then added that this was China's revenge against Trump for significantly raising tariffs on Chinese imports.

Imagine an old man passionately yelling at you about the "evil Chinese government" trying to take down our President when you were just trying to take your dog for a walk. 

Needless to say, there are many theories of how covid-19 came into existence. I honestly don't know what to think. Are there any theories/accusations ya'll have heard or read about that say how covid-19 started? I'm interested to see what other people think! 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don’t agree with your neighbor that it is a man made bio-weapon. It’s nothing but a conspiracy theory. Now, I don’t think “the bat-soup” theory is out of reality but I also have a hard time believing that. I definitely think it has something to do with a livestock animal. You can get many diseases from under cooked meats. I favor the idea of a living-animal vector that passed on the virus to a person.

Lindsey LaForge said...

Although I don’t agree with you neighbor, I think that he is doing the same thing as everyone else: trying to put the blame on someone or something. However, I also don’t know if I agree/believe with the cause coming from the “bat soup.” I have also heard that it came from one type of fish. The public is definitely not in agreement with what the true cause is, nor do I know if anyone knows the true cause. Everyone may talk and say what they think it is, but many, if not all of us, don’t truly know what it is!
There is one thing holding all these ideas together: what is to blame? Humans in general want to see what or who is at fault for terrible situations. In our case, we are all looking and trying to figure out whose fault it is.
Sadly, these thing happen in life. Although this event is so unfortunate, we have to look at it in a different light. We could have a shortage of food, water, electricity, etc. I’m not saying this virus is anything short of terrible, I’m just saying there could be worse. With this being said, we need to stay home or else this virus will only be prolonged!

Bharat Solanky said...

Although we don't know for sure what caused the virus, we at least know that an animal did. We know that the virus began as one that affects animals only, and then it eventually mutated into one that could spread from animals to humans. After then infecting the first human, it gained the mutation of being able to spread from human to human, and that's how it has come to affect so many people today.

If any of you would like to know more about the origin of the virus, this article may help:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200326144342.htm

Unknown said...

While I don't believe that the virus was a Chinese bioweapon designed to bring the US to its knees, I do blame the Chinese government for its spread. In the early days of the virus's spread, a Chinese ophthalmologist named Li Wenliang notified the Chinese government about this potential threat. In stead of taking it seriously and addressing this issue, the CCP tried to do what they do best, cover it up. They reprimanded this doctor for "spreading false claims" and did nothing to attempt to prevent its spread. Shortly after he notified the government about the disease, he was diagnosed with coronavirus and lost his life trying to help the sick. If the Chinese government had acted more quickly, they may have prevented this pandemic. So, if you find yourself needing someone to blame, blame the CCP.

Source: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/19/818295972/chinese-authorities-admit-improper-response-to-coronavirus-whistleblower

Unknown said...

While I don’t think that coronavirus is man made by the chinese government, I do see why someone could come to the conclusion of saying that. The Chinese government was found to be hiding cases from the public near the start of the pandemic. These actions cause people to want to accuse them of other malpractice. I believe that it is proved to be from this meat market type place in Wuhan. The bat soup rumor could very well be true but I doubt it.