Saturday, November 2, 2019

NEW MOVIE

I am not sure if y'all remember exactly what my podcast presentation was about, so I'll give a quick reminder. I did a presentation on episode 96 of Criminal (In) Justice called Policing While Black. This was an interview of a man named Matthew Horace, who is African American male and is a police officer. He also is the author of a book called The Black and The Blue. This book and the podcast overall is about Horace's experiences being in two communities (African American male and cop). 
I was planning to go see a movie with my family this weekend and as I was looking through the options I see a movie entitled: Black and Blue, and I was very intrigued. I looked it up and read this summary (below) on a movie review website. 
"BLACK AND BLUE is a fast-paced action thriller about a rookie cop (Naomie Harris) who inadvertently captures the murder of a young drug dealer on her body cam. After realizing that the murder was committed by corrupt cops, she teams up with the one person from her community who is willing to help her (Tyrese Gibson) as she tries to escape both the criminals out for revenge and the police who are desperate to destroy the incriminating footage."
This movie is all about the issues that Horace talks about in his interview. Unfortunately, I could not go see this movie with my family because it is rated R (I have younger brothers), but I really would like to go see it. If anyone wants to go LET ME KNOW PLEASE! 
(ALSO it gets better........this movie was filmed and based in NEW ORLEANS) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This kind of reminds me of the podcast I listened to. If you don’t remember, it was Silvon Simmons. The Rochester police department tried to frame Silvon for shooting at a police officer. Almost the whole force was behind this corrupt act. The topic of corruption of the justice system intrigues me. If you remember, I kept saying I thought this stuff only happens in movies and what do you know. Boom a movie comes out about corruption. I watched Superbad last night and there was a running joke of this topic. Again, I wonder how much this actually happens in the real world. These situations are truly terrible.