Saturday, April 14, 2018

Toni Morrison Quotes

Toni Morrison throughout her life has experienced so much and is very educated. She is a very profound writer, and I really enjoy some of her quotes. Here are some of my favorite:

"At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint or even remember it. It is enough."

"If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it."

"As you enter positions of trust and power, dream a little before you think."

"There is really nothing more to say - except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how."

"What's the world for you if you can't make it up the way you want it?"

"A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick."

"The function of freedom is to free someone else."





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I gotta say, these are some solid quotes. They’re very empowering, and I think they share a similar theme of life and the importance of living your life. I like her quote of the book that hasn’t been written, I find it to be the most empowering of them all.